Friday, 09 November 2007
Answers to the Most Frequently Asked Questions about Pick 3
- When will ticket sales for Carolina Pick 3 begin?
- Friday, October 6th at 5:00 a.m. Eastern Time
- When will the drawings be held?
- 7 days a week at approximately 11:22 p.m. Eastern Time
- How many drawings per week are there with Carolina Pick 3?
- What time will ticket sales stop before the drawing?
- Ticket sales for that evening’s drawing will stop at 11:00pm prior to the draw. This is referred to as a draw break.
- Where will I be able to see the drawings?
- WRAL – Channel 5, Raleigh
- WCNC – Channel 6, Charlotte
- WITN – Channel 7, Greenville, New Bern & Washington
- WILM - Channel 10, Wilmington
- WYCW - Channel 62, Asheville
- Where will the live drawings take place?
- They will be conducted at WRAL’s TV studio in Raleigh and broadcast to the official NCEL drawing stations live.
- If I don’t see the drawings, how can I get the winning numbers?
- Any NCEL retailer will have the winning number information and it will also be published on our website (www.nc-educationlottery.org). You can also contact the Lottery’s Player Services Hotline at 877-962-7529.
- When can I collect my prize winnings from a retailer location after the drawing?
- Validations will be available shortly after the drawing has been verified.
- How long do I have to claim my Carolina Pick 3 prize?
- 180 days from the date of the draw.
- Can Carolina Pick 3 tickets be cancelled if a mistake is made when generating the ticket?
- Yes. A ticket can be cancelled at the Player’s request within 15 minutes of the purchase time or within the remaining time before the draw break, whichever occurs first.
- What are the ways to play Carolina Pick 3?
- You can choose to match your numbers to the winning numbers in EXACT ORDER, ANY ORDER or 50/50, which combines EXACT and ANY ORDER plays together.
- What is an “EXACT” play?
- Your numbers have to match the numbers drawn in the exact order they are listed on your ticket.
- What is an “ANY ORDER” play?
- The numbers on your ticket must match the numbers drawn, but the order of the numbers doesn’t matter.
- What is a “50/50” play?
- This play combines $.50 Exact Order and $.50 Any Order plays, so that you win either way your numbers are drawn. The prize payout is greater if you match exactly.
- What is the minimum amount I can play for a 50/50 play?
- $1.00 ($.50 for the EXACT play and $.50 for the ANY ORDER play)
- What is the least amount I can play on Carolina Pick 3?
- What does 3-way mean?
- 3-Way means that you have chosen a number that has 2 digits that are alike. (Example: 377) Because of that, there are only 3 ways to combine the number selected, 377 – 773 - 737.
- What does 6-way mean?
- 6-Way means that you have chosen a number that has 3 unique digits. (Example: 368) Because of that, there are only 6 ways to combine the numbers selected to win, 368 – 638 – 863 – 683 – 836 – 386.
- Why are the prize payouts different for 3-Way and 6-Way?
- Since there are less combinations of a 3-Way number, the odds of winning are greater, so the prize payout is greater.
- How much can be won playing Carolina Pick 3?
- Depending on the amount played and the type of play selected, you can win between $40 - $500.
- Can I use Quick Pick to play Carolina Pick 3?
- Yes. Both full and partial Quick Pick are available.
- What is an Advance play?
- Advance play is where the player might wish to purchase a ticket for a draw later in the week, skipping the current drawing. (Example: The player could purchase a ticket for Friday night’s drawing on Monday)
- What is a Multi-Draw ticket?
- When a player purchases a ticket to play the same numbers for more than one drawing in a row.
- How many consecutive multiple draws can I play?